Safety Supervisor St. Eustatius Responsible for supervising, promoting and improving occupational health, safety and environmental protection in the operation of the marine terminal facility. This position is subject to assignment of leadership role on the fire brigade, confined space rescue and hazmat response.
• Delegates and assigns HSE tasks to safety department personnel, supervises and follows up on assignment completion to ensure HSE department goals and objectives are met in a safe and productive manner.
• Provides front line leadership and/or support work for drills, training, exercises, supplies and equipment maintenance, set up, and operation to insure the required high level preparedness for such contingencies.
• Provides front line leadership and/or support work in environmental protection/waste management and for the response to actual emergency conditions including fire, oil spills/hazmat incidents, H2S, security threats and natural disasters.
Minimum 8 years of experience required. Verbal and written communication skills required. PC skills required, including data input and record keeping, Impact reporting, SAP for procurements and time keeping ability to complete assigned CBTs (computer based training) and other assigned HSE technical training as required to stay current with HSE developments. Hazmat, fire brigade, confined space supervisor/rescue, SCBA, H2S assigned worker, and scaffold inspection qualification required.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Must master basic reading, writing, communication, and math abilities, including ability to read procedures, and perform basic arithmetic functions of whole numbers and fractions.
• Vocational/technical/higher education and/or military training in safety, emergency medical, fire protection, emergency response, or leadership preferred. Completion of industrial fire school training on for exterior fire brigade and ICS training.
• Completion of industrial safety and/or emergency response training required.
• Must have valid driver’s license to include heavy trucks.
• Must be qualified to perform atmospheric testing with electronic meters, colormetric tubes and other established means of field analysis.
• Must be qualified to perform portable dry powder fire extinguisher equipment inspection, maintenance and re-fill.
• Stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Lift up to 50 lbs. or drag and/or move up to 100 lbs.
• Wear filter respirator, SCBA, fireman’s bunker gear and other PPE as required
• May climb tanks up or construction scaffold to height of 100ft or more or work on jetty above water. Walk up 2 miles at a time and also be able to enter above ground storage tanks, barges or other confined spaces
• Board/transit marine vessels/barges and work at sea or along shoreline.
CANDIDATES WITH GREATER QUALIFICATIONS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR A HIGHER LEVEL POSITION
NuStar GP, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Women, Minorities, Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.